Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Chalatsis
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 4
    • Total Posts: 10

Welcome to Entrepreneurship4all Sustainability Community of Practice, our space to exchange thoughts, plans and knowledge about sustainability! It would be really great to share your thoughts and plans about sustainability and “green” entrepreneurship.

Paolo Montemurro
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3
    • Total Posts: 4

Thanks Thomas. I am very interested in the dimension of “green” entrepreneurship from the perspective of how companies will become more green and how business models change in order to embed sustainability from the very beginning. Looking forward to discover more through the courses.

Paolo

Chandni Mehta
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Total Posts: 7

My green plan : Be conscious of things that are of ONE TIME use. Try to replace them of reduce their usage.

Marianella Parra
    Keymaster
    • Replies: 9
    • Total Posts: 15

I recently discovered  a series of short videos on YouTube called FOCUSING ON THE BIG PICTURE which show some cool sustainable initiatives. Her is the link: https://www.youtube.com/@SHFTdotcom/videos

They are part of the SHFT project:

• SHFT is a lifestyle brand founded in 2010 with a mission to create and aggregate content that entertains, inspires, and nudges sustainable ideas into mainstream culture. “We feel that film, art, and culture are powerful and inspiring means to move people emotionally and that SHFT is our particular tool to tell these stories.

Watch them and tell me what you think! (I liked Moby, Chef Ray and Zaria 😉 )

Jyoti Gupta
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Total Posts: 3

My green plans and ideas are:

1. Adopting sustainable practices in daily life – reducing single-use plastic consumption by using reusable water bottles, bags, and utensils, and conserving energy by turning off lights and appliances when not in use and utilizing energy-efficient technologies.

2.Advocating for environmental causes – actively participating with my family in local community initiatives and events focused on environmental conservation, such as clean-up campaigns or tree planting drives.

3.Implementing eco-friendly initiatives – adopting renewable energy sources, such as installing solar panels, waste reduction and recycling.

These are simple, affordable, yet effective initiatives to help make our planet greener.

Looking forward to hear from everyone about their involvement in green initiatives in their day-to-day lives.

MACIEJ MARKOWICZ
    Participant

Hi Thomas and All!
    Green entrepreneurship has gained significant attention in recent years due to the growing awareness of environmental challenges and the need for innovative solutions. Many entrepreneurs are recognizing the potential for creating sustainable businesses that address these challenges while generating profits.
    I recently discovered interesting blog on this topic https://www.thegreenpick.com/category/green-tips-tricks/

Elin McCallum
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 6
    • Total Posts: 7

Hi all,

I am Elin, a social entrepreneur leading Bantani Education (one of the partners) based in Belgium – and using this course to find out how to improve our work and the way we work.

My green plan is to understand how to demonstrate the overall environmental impact of our organisation – something we are keen to know and reduce.

Thanks!

Elin

Ivana Šatrak
    Participant

Hello, I’m currently employed by a local energy cooperative and we are working on topics like climate change, community engagement and renewable energy.

Sharing our info for partnership if anyone would like to partner up or share ideas.

Best

Ivana

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Thomas Chalatsis
    Keymaster

Thank you Ivana, really interesting.

Can you share some of the projects you are currently working on at the KLIK cooperative?

Thanks!

Thomas

Ivana Šatrak
    Participant

Yes, of course Thomas. I’m currently working on developing a community energy project model based in villages and developing a proposal for Horizon cluster 6 call on Innovation for sustainable communities by 2050 to work through different models in smaller communities (less than 1000 people) that usually don’t get acknowledged by EU projects. The goal is to create rural areas attractive to urban citizens to move to so we can put a stop to unsustainable urbanization and on turn create sustainable ‘modern’ villages which are climate change resilient. We are also working on agrosolar model for local university to scale it to local farmers in the future.

Thomas Chalatsis
    Keymaster

Very interesting indeed! Smart villages as a response to the urbanization is becoming popular, check this network also https://ec.europa.eu/enrd/smart-and-competitive-rural-areas/smart-villages_en.html to gain aspiration. Does your organization based on a small community?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.